The full day in Cusco will show you the whole history of the city of Cusco from the attractions located within the city of Cusco such as the Cathedral and the Temple of the Sun (Qoricancha) and the places around Cusco such as Sasayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay Full day Cusco is just a denomination in itself the tour of the city of Cusco only takes half a day and usually begins at noon. Our travel agency in Cusco invites you to book this tour and visit the city of Cusco on the first day of your visit.
City Tour Cusco, a whole day in Cusco, knowing the stories of their ancestors in every street, museums and archaeological complexes. This tour includes: Cathedral and Temple of the Sun (Qoricancha) and places around Cusco such as Sasayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay.
Tour itinerary in Cusco
- The tour starts picking you up at your hotel between 12:50 hrs. and 13:10 hrs. If your hotel is outside the historic center, we will call you at our office at 1:00 p.m.
First visit the Cathedral: This impressive Colonial Church dates back to the year 1960 is located in the main square of Cusco, was declared a world heritage site in 1972.
- The second place is the Temple of Qoricancha: O Temple of the Sun was the most venerated and respected.
- These two places are the most representative within the city of Cusco once visited we will go a few minutes outside the city of Cusco towards Sacsayhuaman.
- Sacsayhuaman is one of the Inca constructions that most astonishes tourists who, according to the hypothesis, point out that it would have been a very important ceremonial center and not a fortress.
- Now we go to Qenqo: O K`enko, which means "labyrinth", perhaps through the labyrinthine underground galleries or through the small canals carved into the rocks in a zigzag pattern.
- PucaPucara: The name PucaPucara comes from Quechua voices puca, 'red', and pucara, 'fortress or defended place', meaning 'red fortress'; the rocks with which it has been built turn reddish with the twilight.
- Tambomachay: This archaeological center in the time of the Incas was dedicated to the cult to the water and so that the head of the Inca Empire could rest. It consists of a series of aqueducts, canals and several waterfalls that run along the rocks. The surprising thing about this is that, from a main cascade, the Incas created two secondary waterfalls, which are exactly the same. That is, if one places two empty bottles, one in each waterfall, the two are filled at the same time.
- We will finish our tour at 6:00 p.m.
- We will leave you in the center of the city of Cusco so that you can dine at one of the downtown restaurants or stroll through the Plaza de Armas of Cusco.
This tour includes:
- Tourist transport
- Professional Guide
- General tourist ticket S /. 130.00 (Foreigners)
- General tourist ticket S /. 70.00 (Peruvians)
- Partial tourist ticket S /. 70.00 (Foreigners)
- Partial tourist ticket S /. 40.00 (Peruvians)
- Entrance to the Cathedral S / .25.00
- Entrance to Koricancha S / .15.00
- International flights
- Feeding not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses