Uros and Taquile Island Tour, The floating islands of the Uros are famous and for this reason very touristy, but it is amazing to see how complete families live on these islands made of totora, a type of straw that grows in the lake. Upon your arrival to the island of Taquile, you can enjoy delicious local dishes and share traditions and customs with the people.
Itinerary of this trip
Uros Island + Taquile + lunch
- 6:45 am. Transfer from the Hotel - Puerto de Puno.
- 8:15 a.m. Departure from the Port to the Floating Islands of Los Uros where we will visit 2 islands
- 10:00 am Then we continue to Taquile
- Upon arriving to Taquile Island we will make an ascent hike for an hour until we reach the town
- In the town of Taquile we will have direct contact with the inhabitants, we will share work experiences, we will
- know their culture, traditions, customs, handicrafts, daily activities, dances and music.
- Taquile is a huge island that is characterized by its beautiful fabrics, and its friendly people, we will enjoy the beautiful landscape of Lake Titicaca in its greatest magnitude.
- At noon we will have a typical lunch on the island.
- We will taste typical foods of the region elaborated with natural products of the place.
- At approximately 2:00 pm, you will return to the city of Puno.
The program includes
- Tourist boat
- 1 lunch
- Bilingual guide
- Transfers round trip, within the center of Puno.
- International flights
- Feeding not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses